A massage chair is a good investment to help you improve your overall wellness. It’s great for reducing stress that can further increase blood pressure or cause anxiety. Nowadays, most people tend to choose to have massage chairs instead of going to massage therapies or spas due to the rising inclination towards personal care.
Since massage chairs have a lot of moving parts and components, you can sometimes encounter some massage chair problems like suddenly stopping or making unusual sounds. This can be easily fixed by resetting the chair. They usually come with easy repair instructions, but it’s always best to know how to reset massage chairs in case you encounter these problems.
How to easily reset your OSIM massage chair
- Press the ON/OFF button on the remote control and go to the main menu.
- Using the arrow down button, choose the “Manual” option.
- To choose your massage option, select OK and use the up and down buttons.
- The manual massage option should start working.
- If it stops due to overheating, try turning off the main power switch for about 30 minutes, and then turn it back on.
Massage chairs commonly last for about five years. However, it can last more or less than that depending on how often you use it and how you take care of it. A lot of factors can also cause problems like shipping issues, overheating or power surges.
To avoid further damage, it’s important to know how to deal with common issues in massage chairs.
Common problems that occur in massage chairs
- Static discharge. When you walk on carpeted floors and then touch something, usually you’ll feel some sort of electric shock. If you happen to touch your massage chair, it can cause remote control problems depending on the chair’s design. If it’s suddenly not working the way it should, try unplugging it for 24 hours to reset.
- Overheating or overuse. Most massage chairs have a cut-off feature that will shut it off if it overheats. Some chairs are designed to operate for 15 minutes, but for high-end ones they usually have a runtime of 40 minutes. Either way, try to let the chair rest for about 10 minutes in between massages.
- Power surges. When you plug your massage chair directly to the wall socket, even a small power fluctuation can cause damage to the motherboard. It’s highly recommended to use a surge protector or power strip to avoid power fluctuations or a blown fuse.
- Worn-out fabric. Most massage chairs use synthetic leather since it’s durable enough to withstand the constant movement of the massage rollers underneath. However, environmental factors like humidity or extreme temperature can cause it to wear out. To prolong the fabric’s lifespan, place your massage chair in a location that avoids direct heat.
These are some simple troubleshooting tips that you can do for your massage chair. However, there are some problems that require the help of a professional technician. If the issue involves a frayed or damaged cord, noisy motor or faulty air pump, ask the help of an expert as these may require replacements from your original manufacturer.
To further avoid severe damage caused by faulty parts, invest in a high-quality massage chair that is guaranteed to perform well and last longer.
Here are some features of an excellent massage chair:
What to look for in a quality massage chair
To provide you with relief from discomfort and ultimate relaxation, choose a durable massage chair that will work well with your needs and budget. For products that guarantee high-quality results, purchase from an excellent massage chair company.
- Kneading function. Your massage chair should have a dedicated motor for the kneading function to ensure it performs flawlessly.
- Heat therapy. Heat has a very good healing ability. Choose a chair that features heat on multiple areas.
- Massage and music synchronization. When massage is coupled with the right music, it’s extremely effective in reducing stress.
- Footrest extension. A footrest extension is an important factor for taller customers. Properly fitting into your massage chair can make a difference on the quality of the massage.
Find Quality Wellness Products
OSIM UK provides high-quality wellness products like massage chairs, body massagers and air purifiers that let you relax, burn calories and combat allergens. When it comes to design, quality and safety standards, our products are committed to promote a healthy lifestyle.
For more information, call us today at +1-626-636-5080 or fill out our contact form.